Nylabone Advanced Oral Care Foaming Tartar Remover
Foaming Tartar Remover: Nylabone, the makers of safe, healthy chews since 1955, have just unveiled their new Nylabone Advanced Oral Care line with Denta-CTM, a scientifically-formulated blend of ingredients clinically proven to reduce plaque that harbors bacteria. Gently controls plaque and tartar while freshening breath.
Preventive Dental Care for Your Dog
There are no bones about it—preventive dental care is essential for your dog’s overall health! In fact, dogs are likely to show early signs of gum disease by age 3, according to the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). Veterinarians believe that dental disease predisposes dogs to heart disease, diabetes, respiratory ailments, and other illnesses—underscoring the importance of caring for your dog’s teeth on a regular basis.
Even with diligent, daily care, your dog may require professional dental cleanings during their lifetime, just like humans. However, an at-home oral care routine can drastically reduce the number of expensive professional dental cleanings and significantly contribute to overall good health.
How to Clean Your Dog’s Teeth
The path to fresh breath starts with brushing your dog’s teeth regularly. Food residue accumulates on your dog’s teeth and can morph into plaque and tartar quickly, so even weekly brushings can make a huge difference in their oral health. Before introducing your dog to a toothbrush, follow these basic steps to get them comfortable:
- Use your finger to gently massage their gums.
- Put a small dab of doggy toothpaste on your index finger and let your dog taste it.
- Apply another dab on your finger and massage their gums in a circular motion.
Remember to keep a positive attitude, praising and reassuring your pup along the way. Once your dog is comfortable with this process, it’s time to introduce a toothbrush or gauze pad:
- Let your dog lick some toothpaste off a doggy toothbrush or gauze pad and praise them for a job well done. This will help accustom them to the texture of the brush or gauze while building their confidence.
- Lift the outer lips and expose the teeth. Most owners find it easiest to start with the canine teeth—the large ones in the front of the mouth.
- Once your dog is comfortable with you brushing a few teeth, keep going until you’ve brushed them all.
Spending time on your best friend’s dental health won’t just help create a solid bond between you—it will also give you peace of mind knowing that your dog’s oral hygiene is getting the attention it needs. Plus, you’ll love having a pup with clean teeth and fresh breath!
How Can Nylabone Help?
Chew toys and bones can be great allies for keeping your dog’s teeth clean and healthy. Nylabone offers a wide variety of both edible and non-edible chews that satisfy a dog’s natural urge to chew and help clean teeth.
Treats and Edible Chews: The food your pup eats and the treats they enjoy play a vital role in their overall dental health. Multi-textured chews and dental treats help scrape away plaque and tartar. Our Nutri Dent Limited Ingredient Dental Chew Treats and Primal Instinct Dental Bones do just that, plus they’re highly digestible and help freshen breath!
Long-Lasting Chews and Toys: Keeping your dog busy with chews and toys is beneficial for both their mental well-being and maintaining healthy teeth and gums. Our long-lasting chews and chew toys come in a variety of textures, flavors, shapes, and sizes. These occupying chews are a tasty reward for your dog, and they help promote daily dental health.
Additional Dog Dental Care Products: Supplement teeth-brushing with dog dental products like Advanced Oral Care. Solutions such as plaque-inhibiting foams, mouthwashes, sprays, finger brushes, and toothbrush kits provide a variety of methods to help clean teeth and banish bad doggy breath!
Follow these preventive dental care tips to help maintain canine oral hygiene over the long haul. Keeping your dog happy and healthy gives you both a reason to smile!
- Made with Dental-C, which is scientifically proven to reduce plaque that harbors bacteria
- Cleans teeth and freshens breath
- Controls bad breath and reduces plaque and tartar buildup
- Spray directly onto dog’s teeth and gums 1 to 2 times per day
- This formula gently washes your dog’s mouth and helps complete his dental hygiene program.
Foaming Tartar Remover Ingredients
- Water, Glycerin, Polysorbate 80, Xanthan Gum, Methyl Salicylate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, and Sodium Benzoate.
Foaming Tartar Remover Instructions
For dogs and puppies over 3 months of age. Gently lift dog’s cheek, insert nozzle and press down on dispenser. No rinsing required. Remember to praise and reward with a treat after each treatment!